• The following students have been named to the dean’s list for the spring 2018 semester at Buena Vista University: Tyler Kyhl of Slater, Skylar Finch of Polk City and Allyson Meiners of Polk City.
• The following students recently graduated from Buena Vista University: Jennifer Rath of Cambridge, Bachelor of Arts; Allyson Meiners of Polk City, Bachelor of Arts degree and Tyler Kyhl of Slater, a Bachelor of Science degree.
• The National FFA Organization awarded a $1,000 Theisen’s Home-Farm-Auto scholarship to Dana Edleman, a graduate of Ballard High School. Edleman plans to use the funds to pursue a degree at South Dakota State University.
• The National FFA Organization awarded a $1,500 America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders scholarship to Madison Paine, a graduate of North Polk High School. Paine plans to use the funds to pursue a degree at Iowa State University.
• New alumni were added to the roster of graduates of the University of Northern Iowa. The following Times area students were among the graduates:
Elkhart: Veronica Greene, Bachelor of Arts, movement and exercise science
Huxley: Jacob Barnwell, Bachelor of Arts, theatre: design and production
Polk City: Blake Brauer, Bachelor of Arts, marketing: sales management; Corey Richards, Bachelor of Arts, criminology, family services; Grant Schiltz, Bachelor of Arts, math: statistics/actuarial science
Slater: Anders Dovre, Master of Arts, teaching English secondary schools; Bailey Moulden, Bachelor of Arts, psychology, graduated with honors; Alexis Scharfenkamp, Bachelor of Arts, communication
• The following area students were named to the spring 2018 semester dean’s list at the University of Northern Iowa:
Elkhart: Jacquelyn Moeckly
Huxley: Taylor Hilbrands, Aricson Knoblock, Aidan Perry, Emma Rosentrater, Kate Stephany
Madrid: Rachel Zimmermann
Maxwell: Cailey Schlenker, Tera Porter
Polk City: Hunter Dark, Carter Hartwig, Madelyn Hill, Jaclyn Miller, Corey Richards, Grant Schiltz
Slater: Tessa Frederick, Joseph Kruger, Alexis Scharfenkamp
To be included on the list, a student must have earned a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.