• Brianna Vermeer received a bachelor’s degree at Northwestern College’s commencement ceremonies Saturday, May 12. Vermeer graduated with a major in exercise science. She is the daughter of Marty and Jennifer Vermeer of Maxwell.
• Annemarie McCormick of Polk City and Anne Stolte of Huxley were named to the Simpson College 2018 spring semester president’s list. Students named to this list earned a 4.0 GPA.
• Simpson College congratulates Braeden Ingersoll, Polk City, BA in theatre arts; Anne Stolte, Huxley, BA in sports administration and James Hartman, Slater, BA in accounting, who all graduated in the spring of 2018.
• Nathan Carlin of Huxley, James Hartman of Slater and Stephanie Twohey of Collins were named to the Simpson College 2018 spring semester dean’s list. Students named to this list earned a 3.7 to 3.99 GPA.
• Corinne Schipull of Huxley, a senior theatre major, has been named to the dean’s list at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, for spring 2018. Students so honored earned at least a 3.7 GPA.
• Bailey Youngblade of Polk City, a senior biological sciences major, has been named to the dean’s list at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, for spring 2018. Students so honored earned at least a 3.7 GPA.
• Robert Barnhill III of Collins and Erin Vincent of Maxwell were named to the spring 2018 dean’s list at Marshalltown Community College. To be eligible, students must have taken 12 or more credit hours during the semester and have earned at least a 3.5 GPA.
• Buena Vista University students Madeleine McCormick of Huxley and Skylar Finch of Polk City were recently honored at the University’s annual Student Recognition Dinner.
McCormick was recognized as a senior of the year for the School of Communication & Arts in digital media leadership. She received a Student Organization Leader award for her role in The Tack Online, one of more than 46 organizations available on campus. McCormick was also awarded The William and Lavina Wesselink Student Development Fund. Every year at BVU, students have amazing opportunities to complete internships that help prepare them for their careers, do significant research in their discipline, and travel nationally and internationally.
Finch received an Academic Excellence Award as a third-year student. This Academic Excellence Award is given to students whose cumulative GPA is 3.75 or greater. Finch was awarded the Vivian & Paul McCorkle & Wesselink Emerging Leader Awards. These awards recognize the top emerging leaders in the first year, sophomore and junior classes. Finch was also awarded The William and Lavina Wesselink Student Development Fund.
• Kurt Sernett of Kelley and Savanna Henning of Polk City earned a spot on the spring 2018 dean’s list for Central College. The honor is awarded to full-time students who achieve a 3.5 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale while taking 12 or more graded credit hours for the semester.
• Ann Houlette of Huxley and Brianne Schultz of Polk City graduated from Northwest Missouri State University at the conclusion of the 2018 spring trimester. Both students received a B.S.Ed. in elementary education and graduated magna cum laude (cumulative GPA of 3.75 to 3.94).