Major grant funds offered through SCCF
Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) is pleased to announce that one Major Grant of up to $25,000 will be awarded in November. To screen for the most viable projects and to limit the number of organizations investing their time applying, applications for the Major Grant are by invitation only. Anyone interested in applying for the Major Grant must submit an Intent to Apply form by 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 31.
SCCF’s annual competitive grant process allocates resources to significantly improve or affect the lives of people living in Story County communities. The Major Grant will be made only to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status of the Internal Revenue code, charitable projects of a governmental agency or to the 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for a project.
Past recipients of this grant include:
· 2017 - Inclusive Playground & Miracle Field: Rhapsody music line
· 2016 - Cambridge Volunteer Fire Department: fire station addition
· 2015 - Story County Conservation: Discovery Nature Playscape at McFarland Park
· 2014 - Story County Fair Association: window replacement for the Community Building renovation
· 2013 - Primary Health Care: remodel space for Story County Community Health Center
· 2012 - Heartland Senior Services: kitchen remodel
· 2011 - NAMI – Central Iowa: initial operating funds for mental health wellness center
· 2010 - Mid-Iowa Community Action: moving cost for Story County Dental Clinic
· 2009 - Story County Conservation: new van
· 2008 - Roland Area Development Corporation: renovate space for community center
More information and the Intent to Apply form are available on the Grants Available page of the SCCF webpage at www.storycountyfoundation.org or call the SCCF office at 515-232-9200.