• Adam Eddy and Rachel Jack of Huxley, and Courtney Ubben of Maxwell graduated May 13 from Central College.
• Kelli Emerson, a junior from Huxley, has been named to the 2017 spring semester dean’s list at Luther College. To be named, a student must earn a semester GPA of 3.5 or better and must complete at least 12 credit hours.
• Skylar Finch of Polk City, Tyler Kyhl of Slater, Madeleine McCormick of Huxley and Noah Sharp of Madrid were recently named to the dean’s list for the Spring 2017 semester at Buena Vista University. Students named must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 for the two terms, and must have taken at least 12 hours of coursework.
• Bailey Youngblade, a senior from Polk City, biological sciences; Caroline Buelt, a junior from Polk City, business administration and Huxley senior, Corinne Schipull, senior, theatre; have been named to the deans’ list for the spring semester of the 2016-17 academic year at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
• Jacob Hadaway of Sheldahl recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science from Buena Vista University.
• Michael Nardini, Madrid, recently graduated with a Master of Science in Education degree from Buena Vista University.
• Cody Stoler of Elkhart and Bryce Bane of Maxwell both received their Associate of Applied Science degrees from Indian Hills Community College at the end of the 2016-17 spring term.
• The following local students graduated from the University of Iowa at the close of the spring 2017 semester: Rebecca Sieve, Alleman, BA, psychology; BA, sociology; Jacqueline Gloede, Cambridge, BA, social work; Billie Flaming, Huxley, BA, English and creative writing; Gretchen Kieffer, Kelley, BSN, nursing-RN; Chad Conger, Polk City, BSE, biomedical engineering; Monica Hankens, Polk City, DNP, nursing; James Osborne, Polk City, BBA, management; Jill Christensen, Slater, BA, biochemistry with highest distinction; Mikiel Gonnerman, Slater, BBA, Accounting and Jessica Sutton, Slater, BA, biochemistry.