Additional 226 COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported in Story County
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported Wednesday an additional 226 confirmed COVID-19 cases and no new deaths in Story County since last week.
The state releases new data weekly. COVID-19 is the disease caused by the coronavirus.
Story County COVID-19 numbers:
Individuals tested: 66,143 (Up 646 from last week's total of 65,497)
Individuals positive: 12,590 (Up 226 from last week's total of 12,364)
Total deaths: 48 (No increase)
Local schools' and Iowa State University's COVID-19 numbers:
Story County school districts that report active case numbers do so daily via online dashboards. Iowa State updates its numbers weekly on Wednesday through an online dashboard.
Ames (as of Oct. 7):
- Student cases: between 15 and 21. (Seven among elementary and preschool students, eight high school students and less than six among middle school students)
- Staff cases: between zero and six. (zero among middle school, elementary and preschool staff and less than six among high school students)
Ballard (as of Oct. 7):
- between zero and six cases among students and staff. (less than six cases each at Ballard East Elementary)
Gilbert (as of Oct. 6):
- Student cases: two (one each at the intermediate and middle schools)
- Employee cases: one (at the middle school)
Iowa State (The week of Sept. 27 through Oct. 3), including symptomatic student testing and NCAA athletics-required testing, as well as self-reported cases from residence halls, sororities and fraternities; the positivity rate does not reflect self-reported cases):
- Positive: 4 (down from the previous week's 8) including one self-reported
- Tests: 309 (up from the previous week's 223)
- Positivity rate: 1.37% (down from the previous week's rate of 3.56%)
- Vaccine doses administered through campus clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 13,385
- Individuals served through campus vaccine clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 7,859
More than half of Story County is vaccinated
The state reported Wednesday that 62.9% of Story County residents over the age of 12 are fully vaccinated. 67% percent have received at least one dose.
Total doses administered in Story County: 113,237
Vaccine series completed by Story County residents: 54,144