Additional 216 COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported in Story County since last week
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported Wednesday an additional 216 confirmed COVID-19 cases and no new deaths in Story County since last week.
The state releases new data weekly.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the coronavirus.
Story County COVID-19 numbers:
Individuals tested: 63,774 (Up 624 from last week's total of 63,150)
Individuals positive: 11,871 (Up 216 from last week's total of 11,655)
Total deaths: 48 (No increase)
Local schools' and Iowa State University's COVID-19 numbers:
Story County school districts that report active case numbers do so daily via online dashboards. Iowa State updates its numbers weekly on Wednesday through an online dashboard.
Ames (as of Sept. 16):
- Student cases: between 13 and 17 (12 cases among elementary and preschool students and less than six among middle school students. No cases at the high school.)
- Staff cases: less than 6 at the elementary schools (none at the middle school and high school)
Ballard (as of Sept. 15): less than 11 cases among students and staff combined (less than six each at the middle and high school, none at the elementary schools)
Gilbert (as of Sept. 15):
- Student cases: 15 (six intermediate,four middle school, three elementary, two high school)
- Employee cases: Two (one each high school and elementary)
Iowa State (The week of Sept. 6-12, including symptomatic student testing and NCAA athletics-required testing, as well as self-reported cases from residence halls, sororities and fraternities; the positivity rate does not reflect self-reported cases):
- Positive: 15, (down six from the previous week's 21) including three self-reported
- Tests: 180 (down 34 from the previous week's 214)
- Positivity rate: 6.67% (up from the previous week's rate of 6.54%)
- Vaccine doses administered through campus clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 12,958
- Individuals served through campus vaccine clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 7,668
More than half of Story County is vaccinated
The state reported Wednesday that 61.3% of Story County residents over the age of 12 are fully vaccinated. Sixty-six percent have received at least one dose.
Total doses administered in Story County: 110,404
Vaccine series completed by Story County residents: 52,675