143 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported in Story County
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported Wednesday an additional 143 confirmed COVID-19 cases and no new deaths in Story County since last week.
The state releases new data weekly.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the coronavirus.
Story County COVID-19 numbers:
Individuals tested: 63,150 (Up 750 from last week's total of 62,400)
Individuals positive: 11,655 (Up 143 from last week's total of 11,512)
Total deaths: 48 (No increase)
Local schools' and Iowa State University's COVID-19 numbers:
Story County school districts that report case numbers do so daily. Iowa State updates its numbers weekly on Wednesday.
Ames (as of Sept. 9):
- Student cases: less than 11 in total (less than six cases each at the high school and elementary schools. No cases at the middle school)
- Staff cases: less than 6 in total at the elementary schools (none at middle school and high school)
Ballard (as of Sept. 8): less than 21 cases in total among students and staff (less than six each at West and East elementary schools, the middle school and high school)
Gilbert (as of Sept. 8):
- Student cases: 10 in total (one middle school, eight intermediate and one elementary)
- Employee cases: One (Elementary)
Iowa State (The week of Aug. 30 to Sept. 5, including symptomatic student testing and NCAA athletics-required testing, as well as self-reported cases from residence halls, sororities and fraternities; the positivity rate does not reflect self-reported cases):
- Positive: 21, (up 13 from the previous week's total of eight) including seven self-reported
- Tests: 221 (up 36 from the previous week's total of 185)
- Positivity rate: 6.54% (up from the previous week's rate of 4.32%)
- Vaccine doses administered through campus clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 12,958
- Individuals served through campus vaccine clinics since Dec. 18, 2020: 7,668
More than half of Story County is vaccinated
The state reported Wednesday that 60.6% of Story County residents over the age of 12 are fully vaccinated. Sixty-five percent have received at least one dose.
Total doses administered in Story County: 109,481
Vaccine series completed by Story County residents: 52,23