Major Grant Available
Intents to Apply for a Major Grant from Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) will be accepted until 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1. SCCF will be awarding one Major Grant of up to $25,000 in November.
Past recipients of this grant include:
• Story County Conservation: Discovery Nature Playscape at McFarland Park
• Story County Fair Association: window replacement for the Community Building renovation
• Primary Health Care: remodel space for Story County Community Health Center
• Heartland Senior Services: kitchen remodel
• NAMI of Central Iowa: initial operating funds for mental health wellness center
• Mid-Iowa Community Action: moving cost for Story County Dental Clinic
• Story County Conservation: new van
• Roland Area Development Corporation: renovate space for community center
Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status of the Internal Revenue code, charitable projects of a governmental agency or to the 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for a project.
In order to screen for the most viable projects and limit the number of organizations investing their time applying, applications for the Major Grant are by invitation only. Therefore, anyone interested in applying for the Major Grant must submit an Intent to Apply form. SCCF’s Allocations Committee will review the forms and invite applicants to submit a full application requesting funding.