The final defendant in a Kelley home invasion case accepted his second plea agreement on Thursday and is scheduled to plead guilty on Monday.


Manuel. E. Balderas, 20, reached another plea agreement on Thursday and will spend 60 years in prison for first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery and willful injury causing serious injury, Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds said. He backed out of his original plea agreement at his hearing in August.


Reynolds added that her office is suggesting 60 years in prison, but Balderas will be asking for 50, the amount in his original agreement.


The other co-defendants, Luis Cruz, 17, and Jacob E. Jiminez, 18, both recently plead guilty and will spend at least 60 years in prison for their role in the 2018 home invasion that officials described as “heinous.”


All three were facing life in prison prior to accepting the plead agreements.


According to authorities, in the late hours of Aug. 23, 2018, the three men entered a home in Kelley around 11:40 p.m., and confronted the 82-year-old resident.


The three men temporarily blinded the victim by spraying a chemical substance in her face, stuck her in the head and face, and sexually assaulted the victim before fleeing, the Tribune previously reported.


The three also allegedly stole property in excess of $1,000 from the home.


After fleeing the original scene the three proceeded to invade another nearby house and took off with property in excess of $1,500 and 1998 Cadillac De Ville, which was recovered the following day.


Jiminez is scheduled for sentencing on Oct 4., Cruz Jan. 13, 2020, and Balderas will be sentenced 6-10 weeks after pleading.


“The reason why I’m so glad about this is for the victim, so she doesn’t have to endure depositions with the people that did this to her, in the same room, and she doesn’t have to endure a trial,” Reynold said. “She deserves peace and the opportunity to start to heal, and until we get this done she won’t have that chance, so I’m really pleased for her.”