The second of three co-defendants accused of breaking into two Kelley homes in 2018 has agreed to plead guilty and will serve up to 60 years in prison for his role in the invasions.


Jacob E. Jimenez, 18, has agreed to plead guilty to first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery, willful injury causing serious injury and third-degree burglary, according to a motion for a hearing to change his plea filed electronically by his attorney on Sunday.


Charges of first-degree sexual abuse, second-degree theft, fifth-degree theft and operating vehicle without owners consent would be dropped as part of the plea agreement. Jimenez’s plea hearing has not been set by the court, said Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds.


As part of the plea deal, Jimenez will be required to testify against co-defendant Manuel E. Balderas at his trial on Oct. 1. He is facing life in prison without an opportunity for parole if convicted.


Previously, Balderas agreed to plead guilty and spend 50 years in prison, but he changed his mind, and backed out of the agreement.


Last Thursday Luis Cruz, 17, pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against Balderas as well.


On Aug. 23, 2018, the three co-defendants allegedly broke into the home of an 82-year-old woman in Kelley. Authorities said the defendants sexually assaulted the victim, sprayed chemical substances in her face, and hit the woman around her face and neck.


The three allegedly stole property excess of $1,000 from the home.


After fleeing the original scene, the three allegedly broke into another house and stole property excess of $1,500 and a 1998 Cadillac De Ville, which was found the following day.