Cambridge Firemen Days will kick off with music and food in the Cambridge City Park on Friday, June 7, at 5 p.m. The music will be followed by a fireworks display at Ballard East Elementary school.
Firemen Days organizers include the Cambridge Fire Department, Cambridge Historical Association, Cambridge United Methodist Church and the Nazareth Lutheran Church in Cambridge.
The schedule includes:
Friday, June 7
• 5-7 p.m. – The Cambridge Fire Department will be serving hamburgers and hot dogs in the park, the cost is a free-will donation.
• 5 p.m. – Homemade pie and ice cream served by the Dorcas Society and the Cambridge United Methodist Church; the cost is a free-will donation.
• 5:30 p.m. – Music in the park with the Ballard Community Band, the Ballard Community Chorus and a Praise Band Palooza. Bring lawn chairs and enjoy the music.
• Sunset around 9:15 p.m.– Fireworks at Ballard East Elementary.
Saturday, June 8
• 10 a.m. Parade – Angie (Plager) Hulsebus will be the Grand Marshal. This year’s theme is “Find the Hero in You.” Kids who want to wear their favorite hero costume are welcome to join the parade. Anyone wishing to participate in the parade should line up at 9 a.m. at the cooperative on the south end of Water Street.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Silent auction at the Dorcas Hall sponsored by the Nazareth Lutheran Church of Cambridge.
• 10:30 a.m. – Loose-meat sandwiches served in the Cambridge City Park by the Cambridge United Methodist Church; the cost is a free-will donation.
• 10:30 a.m. – Free inflatables in the park.
• 10:30 a.m. – Games in the park include cake/cookie walk, ring toss, dish toss, kids tractor pull and other games.
• 5- 7 p.m. – Tenderloin dinner, baked beans and KFC coleslaw at the fire station; the cost is a free-will donation.