Communication and Clothing Day was held Saturday, March 30, in Ames.
By participating in the 4-H Clothing Day, members showcase their apparel design and production knowledge.
With the Communication Day, youth learn written, oral and visual communication skills. Youth in both categories develop self-confidence through public presentations, practice self-expression and creativity, and learn how to organize and present information.
State Fair awards went to the following:
• Clothing Selection: Eden Bruner and Dillon Hanlon
• $15 Challenge: Dillon Hanlon
• Educational Presentations: Nathan and Madison Geater, Makenna Carlson, Dillon Hanlon, Caleb Hartsook, Isaiah Rozycki, Cael Vermeer and Max Town.
• Working Exhibits: Dillon Hanlon, Maria Rivera and Josie Kelly, Matt Sallee, and Sarah Tschantz, Olivia Moody and Ashlyn Davis.
• Extemporaneous Speaking: Zachary Campbell
• 4-H Posters: Eden Bruner and Luke Hartsook