• DMACC recently released the names of students eligible for the fall semester president’s list. To be eligible, a student must have completed a minimum of 6 credits and earned a 4.0 grade point average for that semester.
Those recognized from your area include:
Alleman: Brian Abshire, graphic design
Cambridge: Thomas Sorteberg, biotechnology
Elkhart: Lauren Stiles, entrepreneurship
Huxley: Iann Nebbe, liberal arts; Devynn Roberts, business administration; Barbara Van Houten, pre-nursing
Kelley: Aaron Mohr, applied engineering Technology; Teresa Rasmussen, liberal arts; Jackie Schmit, accounting specialist
Maxwell: Elizabeth Deo, agribusiness; Joseph Kirkpatrick, liberal arts
Polk City: Kaitlyn Peterson, pre-nursing
Slater: Matthew Devig, liberal arts
• DMACC recently released the names of students eligible for the fall semester dean’s list. To be eligible, a student must have completed a minimum of six credits and earned a 3.5 to 3.99 grade point average for that semester
Those recognized from your area include:
Cambridge: Robert Fry, electronics engineering technology; Brittany Hennick, environmental science; Anna Kempenich, electronics engineering technology
Elkhart: Ryan Schoneboom, liberal arts; Carl Smith, graphic design
Huxley: Jacob Ackerman, civil engineering technology; Allison Archibald, early childhood education; Emily Kothmann, associate degree nursing; Chase McLaughlin, agribusiness; Kristen Moore, liberal arts; Maria Munoz, associate degree nursing
Kelley: Dakota Murry, liberal arts
Maxwell: Isaac Boyd, liberal arts; Jason Hillgren, fitness & sports management; Abigail Husske, liberal arts; Richard White, culinary arts
Polk City: Kristin Andersen, liberal arts; Robert Banwart, graphic design; Teryn Campbell, liberal arts; Austin England, liberal arts; Landon Jacobs, liberal arts; Brittany Kackley, liberal arts; Nicole Lehman, liberal arts; Jessica Moffitt, liberal arts; Rachel Preuninger, early childhood education; Matthew Selof, liberal arts; Kylie Smith, pre-nursing
Sheldahl: Kayla Williams, liberal arts
Slater: Katie Ahrenholtz, liberal arts; Susan Horness, liberal arts; Kaylee Klunder, liberal arts; Ashley Mickelson, pre-veterinary technology; Rylie Price, liberal arts; Madison Vincent, web development
• Nearly 800 students graduated after the fall semester from DMACC. Those from your area include: Allison Archibald, early childhood education, Huxley; Laneesa Brand, financial administration, Elkhart; Aubrey Kahler, early childhood education, Maxwell; Jackie Schmit, associate general studies and accounting specialist, Kelley and Caleb Stevens, video production, Polk City.
• Simpson College congratulates Stephanie Twohey of Collins and Anne Stolte of Huxley for being named to the 2017 fall semester president’s list. Students named to the president’s list earned a 4.0 GPA.
• James Hartman of Slater, Annemarie McCormick of Polk City, Nathan Carlin of Huxley and Reagan Sesker of Cambridge were named to the Simpson 2017 fall semester dean’s list. Students named to this list earned a 3.7 to 3.99 GPA.
• Mikayla Jones, a marketing/sport & recreation management student from Huxley, was named to the fall semester 2017 chancellors list announced recently by the Office of the Registrar at the U of M Crookston.
To qualify for a place on the Chancellors List, students must complete 12 or more letter-graded (A-F) credits while attaining a 4.00 GPA.
• Ann Houlette of Huxley and Hannah Goetz, Brianne Schultz and Beth Zimmer, all of Polk City were named to the Northwest Missouri State University president’s honor roll at the end of the 2017 fall trimester.
Students named to the president’s honor roll have attained a perfect 4.0 GPA for the trimester.
• Eric Fourez of Polk City was named to the Northwest Missouri State University academic honor roll at the end of the 2017 fall trimester. To be included on the academic honor roll, a student must carry a minimum of 12 credit hours and attain a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
• Hannah Goetz of Polk City received a B.S. in finance:corporate finance, and marketing from Northwest Missouri State University at the conclusion of the 2017 fall trimester. Goetz graduated summa cum laude with a cumulative GPA of 3.95 and above on a 4.0 scale.
• The following Tri-County area students were named to the fall 2017 semester dean’s list at the University of Northern Iowa. To be included on the list, a student must have earned a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Elkhart: Veronica Greene, Jacquelyn Moeckly
Huxley: Rachel Bruns, Taylor Hilbrands, Allyn Oxley, Aidan Perry, Charcey Petersen, Emma Rosentrater, Kate Stephany, Kaitlyn Vasey
Maxwell: Cailey Schlenker, Tera Porter
Polk City: Brooke Bauman, Allison Hale, Carter Hartwig, Madelyn Hill, Jaclyn Miller, Corey Richards
Slater: Tessa Frederick, Joseph Kruger, Bailey Moulden, Alexis Scharfenkamp
• The following Tri-County area students were among the graduates of the University of Northern Iowa after the fall 2017 semester.
Elkhart: Kylie Cornwell, Bachelor of Arts, elementary education, middle level educ dual major
Huxley: Rachel Bruns, Bachelor of Arts, criminology, sociology, graduating with honors
Maxwell: Shawna Dumbaugh, Master of Music, music education
Polk City: Ryan Nichols, Bachelor of Arts, finance: financial management; Caitlyn Van Scoyk, Bachelor of Arts, social work
• Students named to the University of Iowa’s fall 2017 dean’s list from the Times area are:
Alleman: Madison Yoakum
Collins: Madison Poage
Elkhart: Alexandria Sturtz
Huxley: Ellie Begg, Gabrielle Cole, Jenna Matthews, Achala Thippeswamy, Lauren Vogel, Evan Williams
Kelley: Hannah Wagner
Madrid: Joshua Kamp, Nicholas Musich, Carrie Overland
Maxwell: Teresa Stowe
Polk City: Nathan Gail, Alexander Herrick, Mahliah Ingersoll, Colton Miller, Kennedy Papian