Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) is pleased to announce that one Major Grant of up to $25,000 will be awarded in November. SCCF’s annual competitive grant process is committed to allocating resources to significantly improve or affect the lives of people living in Story County communities. The Major Grant will be made only to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status of the Internal Revenue code, charitable projects of a governmental agency or to the 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for a project.
In order to screen for the most viable projects and limit the number of organizations investing their time applying, applications for the Major Grant are by invitation only. Those interested in applying for the Major Grant must submit an Intent to Apply form. SCCF’s Allocations Committee will review the forms and invite applicants to submit a full application requesting funding. Intent to Apply forms are due by 5 p.m. Monday, July 31.
Past recipients of this grant include:
· Cambridge Volunteer Fire Department: fire station addition
· Story County Conservation: Discovery Nature Playscape at McFarland Park
· Story County Fair Association: window replacement for the Community Building renovation
· Primary Health Care: remodel space for Story County Community Health Center
· Heartland Senior Services: kitchen remodel
· NAMI – Central Iowa: initial operating funds for mental health wellness center
· Mid-Iowa Community Action: moving cost for Story County Dental Clinic
· Story County Conservation: new van
· Roland Area Development Corporation: renovate space for community center
More information and the Intent to Apply form are available on the Grants Available page of the SCCF Web page at www.storycountyfoundation.org, or call the SCCF office at 515-232-9200.